I save User Manuals for all my appliances because they contain important safety instructions. It is vital to read the manual thoroughly before using your gadget, as this can prevent you and your loved ones from shock, burns, electrocution, lacerations, hair loss, fire, food poisoning, and even death.
I will review actual warnings cited in the manuals of some common household appliances, and share some blunders I’ve made in hopes you can avoid my potentially lethal mistakes.
“Remove beaters before washing”
Table top Grill
“Do not place in a heated oven”
“Do not store food in microwave when not in use”
“Keep hair away from blades”
“Do not use on people or animals”
“Do not store items of interest to children on the cooktop as children could be seriously injured climbing up to reach them”
“Never use while sleeping”
“Use caution when you turn a steam iron upside down – there may be hot water in the water tank”
“Do not allow children to play on or in the dryer”
Disclaimer: No people or animals were harmed during the preparation of this blog, but I did end up leaving the chicken in the microwave all night. It’s okay though because it was already dead.
I am sure I have convinced you of the absolute necessity of reading, saving and continuing to refer back to that valuable document known as: The User Manual. There is danger lurking in those innocent looking appliances we use every day.
Do you have any other urgent safety tips you can share?
Subscribe to Blog via Email