In the cooler months of the year, I’m bubbling with motivation to cook delicious soups, stews, and casseroles. But it’s summer and I have officially entered my “I hate to cook phase.’ I’ve got a no fuss recipe for ‘No Curse Dessert’ but what about a main dish?
My solution: rotisserie chicken.
There is one problem, however. How do I pry the lid off this cagey little beast? I don’t want to hurt myself or damage any teeth, so I have to get creative.
Normally my well-equipped husband would be horrified to have me messing around with his collection of Craftsman’s, but hunger does strange things to people. Thus he encouraged me to think outside the impenetrable plastic container to play a sport I’ve named: rotisserie chicken hunger games.
Let the games begin!
1. Drop from a high altitude onto a cement floor.
2. Use a vise to break the seal.
3. Pound the poultry out of this plastic wonder with an old-fashioned hammer.
4. This should do it, but I guess it’s not the sharpest ax in the toolbox.
5. A crowbar proves unreliable, but it could be my technique.
6. Power tools can’t fail, I’ll start with a drill.
7. Can I slice this package like a hot chainsaw through a butterball?
8. What about a car ride? I could use some air conditioning after all this effort.
9. I hate to say I succumbed to ‘wrap rage’ but this proved a sure-fire way to get results.
Drumsticks, anyone? What is your favorite easy summer meal?
©2016, Stevens. All rights reserved.